K. Annamalai is an Indian politician and former 2011 batch IPS officer from the Tamil Nadu cadre. He resigned as an IPS officer in 2019 after serving at different locations in Tamil Nadu for a period of eight years. In 2020, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party prior to which he was a part of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam.
K. Annamalai was born as Annamalai Kuppusamy on Monday, 4 June 1984 (age 38 years; as of 2022) in Karur, Tamil Nadu. His zodiac sign is Gemini. In 2007, he completed a degree in Bachelor of Engineering at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. In 2010, he earned a PGDM in Business from the Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow. K. Annamalai served as the
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Kuppusamy, and his mother’s name is Parameshwari. His father is a farmer.
Wife & Children
K. Annamalai is married to Akila S. Nathan who works as a manager in M/s Hewlett Packard Enterprise Globalsoft Private Ltd. in Bangalore. The couple has a son.
K. Annamalai belongs to the Velalla Gounder community of Tamil Nadu.
K. Annamalai began his Officer Training at LBSNA Mussoorie, Uttaranchal, India in September 2011 for four months. From December 2011 to September 2013, he was an Officer Trainee at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy. In September 2013, he was appointed as the Assistant Superintendent of Police of Karkala, Karnataka, India and worked in the position till December 2014. He was then appointed as the Superintendent of Police of Udupi, Karnataka, India in January 2015 and served the position till August 2016. In August 2016, he was transferred to Chikmagalur, Karnataka where he was appointed as the Superintendent of Police. He served the Chikmagalur district of Karnataka till October 2018. Thereafter, from October 2018 to September 2019, he served as the Deputy Commissioner of Police of South Bangalore.
He is the founder of an organisation named
K. Annamalai joined the Bharatiya Janata Party on 25 August 2020 after he resigned as an IPS officer in 2019. Later, he was designated as the president of the Bharatiya Janata Party in Tamil Nadu.
In the following year, he contested the Tamil Nadu state assembly election from the Aravakurichi constituency of Karur district backed by the Bharatiya Janata Party and was defeated by NR Elango, a leader of DMK.
He is an avid reader. In 2021, K. Annamalai released his book titled Stepping Beyond Khakhi.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
In August 2013, he was honoured with the Vice President’s Award for Exemplary Leadership qualities. In December 2011, he earned the Young Achievers Award for Alumni by the PSG College of Technology.
- Deposits in Banks: Rs. 51,34,676
- Bonds, Debentures and Shares: Rs. 3,07,520
- Personal loans/advance given: Rs. 64,00,000
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 7,00,000
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 1,50,00,000
Liabilities: Rs. 25,00,000
As of 2021, K. Annamalai had a net worth of Rs. 2.66 crores.
- K. Annamalai is the disciple of Sri Ramakrishna Mutt and its chief Srimat Swami Gautamananda Ji Maharaj.
- In 2016, K. Annamalai was transferred by the state government from the Udupi district of Tamil Nadu to Chikmagalur, Karnataka. The local people were so impressed by the work of K Annamalai that they opposed the decision of the state government by following a protest against it.
- In 2019, several political leaders of DMK started blaming K. Annamalai soon after he announced joining BJP. They blamed him for taking the benefits of the political powers of the BJP government during his term as an IPS officer. Soon, he replied to these condemns through one of his social media accounts in which he stated that he was appointed as an IPS officer when the country was led by the UPA government.
- K. Annamalai is proficient in Hindi, English, Tamil, and Kannada languages.
- Reportedly, during his tenure as an IPS officer, he earned the title ‘Singham’ of Karnataka Police.
- K Annamalai frequently shares his pictures and videos on various social media platforms. Over 226k people follow his Facebook page. More than 79k people follow him on Instagram. Over 415k people follow his Twitter handle.
- According to K. Annamalai, he admires Prime Minister Narendra Modi very much.
- K. Annamalai mentioned on one of his social media bios that he is a sports enthusiast. He likes to promote organic farming as he belongs to a farmer’s family.
- K. Annamalai accused the DMK-led Tamil Nadu state government and the family of Chief Minister M K Stalin of corruption charges on 5 June 2022.
- On 23 July 2022, K. Annamalai attended the farewell dinner ceremony of the outgoing President of India, Ram Nath Kovind. The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi was the host of this event. Annamalai was the only state party president who was invited to the party along with other senior union ministers and chief ministers of India. K. Annamalai, along with the former chief minister of Tamil Nadu, Edappadi Palanisami, attended the farewell ceremony. Reportedly, the dynamic and dedicated nature of Annamalai drew the top leaders of the Bharatiya Janata Party toward him.
- Several renowned Indian newspapers often cover the news related to K. Annamalai in their articles.
K. Annamalai Wiki, Age, Caste, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio by Education Learn Academy