Krishna Mukherjee is an Indian television actress and model, who works in Hindi TV shows. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Aliya Raghav’ in Star Plus’ TV serial ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ (2016-2019).
Krishna Mukherjee was born on Wednesday, 12 August 1992 (age 30 years; as of 2022) in Ludhiana, Punjab. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
Growing up Krishna was inclined toward dance and desired to become a choreographer. She did her schooling at BCM School, Pakhowal Road, Basant City, Ludhiana. After completing class 12, Krishna moved to Delhi, where she learned various dance forms. Later, she began teaching dance to students at Kingdom of Dreams, Gurugram. She also used to do live theatre and musical theatre. Once, while working as a dancer in Bollywood musical Jhumroo Broadway, Krishna received a call from a friend asking her to audition for ‘Jhalli Anjali’ TV serial (which she later bagged).
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Krishna Mukherjee belongs to a Bengali family.
Parents & Siblings
Krishna’s father’s name is Vishwaroop Mukherjee and mother’s name is Ruby Mukherjee. She has a younger sister, Saru Mukherjee Sharma. Saru is a blogger.
On 8 September 2020, Krishna Mukherjee got engaged to Chirag Batliwalla, an Indian merchant navy officer. The duo dated for around one year before exchanging rings. Their engagement took place in Manali in front of their close family members and friends. Krishna opted for a stunning off-shoulder white gown and Chirag wore his Navy uniform for the occasion.
In a media conversation, When Krishna was asked to share her feelings post engagement, she said,
I’ll be Mrs. next year but yes, it feels great to be with someone forever who’s so loving, caring and funny. Me, my sister and friends did all the preparation and planning but mostly they were taking care of everything and I was just approving them. There are so many surprises for me and my fiance.”
Further talking about her marriage plans with Chirag, Krishna said,
I have never found a person who has loved me so much, he cares for me and does little things that I really adore. He makes me feel very special with his small gestures and I just knew in my heart that he was the one for me. It was the same for him, too, which is why we decided to take things ahead and get engaged. I am very happy and excited. But we don’t plan to get married this year, we will tie the knot in 2023.”
In the same interview, while talking about manifesting her childhood dream of getting engaged in the hills, she said,
I manifested this since I was a kid, I wanted my engagement to happen in hills and Manali is beautiful, calm and romantic, I literally can’t say ‘Mujhe bachpan se shaadi karne ka bohot shauk hai’.”
Their friends fondly call them “KrishRag.”
Krishna Mukherjee was once rumoured to be in a relationship with the Indian television actor and her Yeh Hai Mohabbatein co-star Aly Goni.
Krishna met Chirag Batliwalla for the first time through a mutual friend in 2021. They immediately liked each other and began dating. Talking about Chirag in an interview, Krishna Mukherjee said,
We met through mutual friends in December last year and clicked instantly. He is not a part of this industry; he is in the Merchant Navy. I met him for the first time when he was in his uniform and was immediately attracted to him. He isn’t used to my profession, so I am not sharing his name because he is a private person.”
Krishna Mukherjee began her career as an actress in 2014 with Channel V’s TV serial ‘Jhalli Anjali’ in which she played the role of Sheena. Next, she appeared in the episodic TV shows Yeh Hai Aashiqui (2015) as Sanjana, Twist Wala Love (2015) as Arshiya, and MTV Big F (2015) as Jia. She became a household name by playing the role of Aliya Raghav in Star Plus’ TV serial ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ (2016-2019).
In 2019, Krishna played the role of Taamsi in the Hindi-language supernatural fiction television series ‘Naagin 3.’ The show aired on Colors TV. In 2021, Mukherjee appeared in the spin-off series of Naagin 5 ‘Kuch Toh Hai: Naagin Ek Naye Rang Mein’ as Priya Raheja Singhania.
She also played the role of Shagun Shubh Jaiswal in the Indian drama series ‘Shubh Shagun.’
Krishna Mukherjee has also featured in a few Punjabi music videos including ‘Black’ (2019) by Guru Randhawa and ‘Ik Wari’ (2020) by Prabh Gill.
- Film Genre(s): Romantic, Comedy
- Film(s): Pretty Woman (1990), Notting Hill (1999), Notebook (2004)
- Krishna Mukherjee loves dancing and singing in her leisure time.
- She is well versed in four languages- Bengali, Punjabi, Hindi, and English.
- Her family and friends fondly call her Kishuuuu.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
- According to Mukherjee, her lucky number is 7.
- Initially, Krishna had a fear of the Camera. However, she overcame it after doing musical theatre under Ashton Lobo.
- Krishna is often considered a look-alike of the popular television actress Mouni Roy. However, she does not like being compared to Mouni.
- Krishna Mukherjee loves to wear the Baluchari saree. In an interview, while talking about it, she said,
I always wait for Durga Puja to adorn this nine-yard wonder with our unique draping style. Any girl looks beautiful in a bong saree, even sans makeup. I also love the Sindoor Khela and other married women rituals.”
- An avid dog lover, Krishna owns a pet dog.
- During an interview, while talking about the similarities between her and the role played by her ‘Aliya’ in the TV serial ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein,’ Krishna said,
To be honest, at first I was not very enthusiastic about doing a character role, being unsure of importance. My mom forced me, and I am glad, for I have got lots of love and appreciation for my efforts. When I started, I just had 5000 odd Instagram followers and today I have 1.3 million. Best part is that with Aalia being just like me, I don’t need to act. I have learnt so much from Divyanka Tripathi. There is no one like her in our industry today. She is so natural with dialogue delivery and her improvisation always raises the bar by a notch.”
- Krishna Mukherjee revealed during an interview that she had her first crush on a boy named Salil when she was in school. However, she never confessed her feelings to him.
- In an interview, while talking about her first heartbreak, Krishna revealed that she had a huge crush on his computer teacher, who got married to her maths teacher, which broke Krishna’s heart.
- She owns a Mahindra XUV300.
- While she was working as a choreographer at a dance school in Delhi, she used to earn Rs. 3000 a month for it (first salary).
- She is an avid cat lover and has a pet cat Oreo.
- Krishna is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- Krishna is a fitness enthusiast and practises Yoga to keep herself fit.
Krishna Mukherjee Wiki, Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio by Education Learn Academy