L. V. Revanth is an Indian playback singer who primarily lents his voice to Telugu songs. He is well known for emerging as the winner of the Indian singing reality show Indian Idol season 9 on Sony TV (December 2016). L. V. Revanth shot to fame with the song ‘Manohari’ from the Telugu film Baahubali: The Beginning (July 2015).
L. V. Revanth aka Lolla Venkata Revanth Kumar Sharma was born on Saturday, 10 February 1990 (age 32 years; as of 2022) in Srikakulam district in Andhra Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. Revanth completed his schooling at Bala Bhanu Vidyalayam in Srikakulam. He pursued his graduation at Dr V. S. Krishna Government Degree College in Visakhapatnam. Revanth has been brought up in Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh by his mother.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 40″, Waist 33″, Biceps 16″
Parents & Siblings
In an interview, Revanth revealed that his father died when he was very young. His mother’s name is Seetha Subbalaxmi.
Revanth has a younger brother, Santhosh Kumar Lolla.
Wife & Children
Revanth got engaged to Anvitha Gangaraju on 24 December 2021.
On 6 February 2022, the couple got married in an intimate traditional ceremony in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
L. V. Revanth follows Hinduism.
Since childhood, Revanth aspired to become a singer. After completing his graduation in Visakhapatnam, Revanth moved to Hyderabad to get professional playback singing opportunities. In 2008, Revanth started his career as a playback singer in Tollywood. He made his singing debut with the song ‘Jalak Diklaja’ from the Telugu film Maha Yagnam (2008), composed by Vandemataram Srinivas.
In 2013, Revanth made his Kannada singing debut with the film Coffee With My Wife in which he lent his voice to three songs, Chakkani Vaadey, Govinda Govinda, and Saayare Sayya, composed by Manthra Anand.
In 2017, Revanth sang his first Hindi song, the title track for an Indian reality show, Sabse Bada Kalakar on Sony TV.
Revanth has given background scores for a few Telugu films like Maryada Ramanna (2010), Badrinath (2011), and Dhammu (2012). In 2019, he made his Tamil debut with the song Vithi Nathiye from the film Thadam, composed by Arun Raj.
Some of Revanth’s songs from Telugu films are Amba Dari from Badrinath (2011), Haayi Haayiga from Naa Ishtam (2012), Vennelaina Cheekataina from Prema Katha Chitram (2013), Luckkanna Mate Nillu from Raghuvaran B Tech (2014), Rekkalatho Chukkalakegira from Speedunnodu (2016), Telisiney Na Nuvvey from Arjun Reddy (2017), and title song for the film Seetimaarr (2021).
In 2008, Revanth participated in the Telugu singing reality show Saptaswaralu on ETV.
In the same year, he participated in the singing reality show Super Singer 5 on Star Maa, and he was the runner-up in the show. In 2013, Revanth was the runner-up of the Telugu reality show Super Singer 7 on Star Maa.
In 2014, he appeared as a mentor in the show Super Singer 8 on Star Maa. In December 2016, L. V. Revanth participated in the Indian singing reality show Indian Idol season 9, and later he won the show. As a reward, he got a music contract with Sony Music, a Mahindra KUV100, and a cash award of Rs 25 lakh. In an interview, talking about his excitement after winning the season, Revanth said,
“Right now, I am on cloud nine. I am very happy for winning the show. I would say that my life has just began right now. It’s not easy to win that title being a south Indian singer. I saw this show as a big opportunity. The four-month journey in this show has completely changed my life,”
In 2020, Revanth appeared as a jury member in the singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa The Next Singing Icon on Zee Telugu. In 2022, he appeared as a mentor in the show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa The Singing Superstar on Zee Telugu. In the same year, Revanth participated in the Telugu version of the Indian reality television show Bigg Boss 6 on Star Maa.
Awards and Nominations
- 2011: Best Playback Singer – Male for the song “Vey Vey Debbaku Debba” from the film Rajanna at the Maa Music Awards
- 2011: Best Debut Singer – Male for the song “Ambadari and Chiranjeeva Chiranjeeva” from the film Badrinath at the BIG FM Awards
- 2015: Special Jury Award at the TSR-TV9 Awards
- 2015: Nominated for Best Male Playback Singer Award for the song “Manohari” from the film Baahubali: The Beginning at IIFA Utsavam Awards
- 2015: Nominated for Best Male Playback Singer Award for the song “Manohari” from the film Baahubali: The Beginning at Star Maa Music Awards
- 2017: Best Play Back Singer Award for the title song of the Telugu television show Kalyana Vaibhogam at Teluguflame T.V. Awards
- 2018: Nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer – Telugu for the song “Telisaney Na Nuvvey” from the film Arjun Reddy at 65th Filmfare Awards South.
- 2018: Best Male Playback Singer for the song “Telisaney Na Nuvvey” from the film Arjun Reddy at 16th Santosham Film Awards
L. V. Revanth owns a Bajaj Avenger.
- Food: Fried potatoes, Gulab Jamun, and Chutney
- Muscian(s): S.P. Balasubrahmanyam, Raghuram Dronavajjala, Saketh Komanduri, Kousalya, Devi Sri Prasad, and Viswanath Ghantasala
- Holiday Destination: Ireland
- Revanth is fondly called by the name Idol ka Bahubali.
- Revanth has sung over 200 Telugu and Kannada songs.
- While participating in Indian Idol season 9, Revanth revealed that many people mocked his way of speaking in the Hindi language. He had the disadvantage of not versing well in the language.
When I started my journey in Indian Idol, a lot of people laughed at me for not knowing Hindi very well. I did feel bad about it, initially, but I did not let anything negative affect me and kept my willpower strong.”
- Revanth considers M. M. Keeravani as his inspiration in music.
- Revanth aspires to make a career in Bollywood. In an interview, Revanth talked about learning the Hindi language to pursue singing in Bollywood and said,
I have big dreams and I have to make it big in Bollywood. I have one eye set on Bollywood and the other on Tollywood, but I want to work on my Hindi first.”
- Revanth is the second Telugu singer to win the singing reality show Indian Idol, after Sreerama Chandra, who emerged as the winner of Indian Idol season 5 (2010).
- In an interview, Revanth revealed that he wants to learn the Hindi language because he always faced humiliation for not knowing the language well. He said,
Whenever I went for auditions, I was often insulted for not knowing Hindi and wanting to become a playback singer. People made fun of me, but when I hold the mic I forget everything and that has helped me in moving forward in life.”
- Revanth, in an interview, revealed that he has never received any formal training in singing. On being asked about how he sings so well without any professional training, Revanth replied,
When I was studying in Bala Bhanu Vidyalayam in Srikakulam, I was adept at veda parayanam. This made me to pick up the nuances of music ever since my childhood,”
- Reportedly, to support his family financially, Revanth initially worked at public phone booths and in catering companies. In an interview, talking about his family’s financial condition, Revanth said,
Family situations never allowed me to do anything big. I came to Indian Idol not to win or lose, but only to sing. The best part about the show is the learning I got.”
- Since childhood, Revanth had a great interest in playing cricket with friends.
- Revanth has performed in more than 500 stage shows and concerts in India as well as in other countries like the USA, Singapore, Australia, and UAE.
- In January 2020, Revanth performed in a concert at Saroornagar Indoor Stadium in Hyderabad for the Royal Stag Hungama Music Bus.
L. V. Revanth (Bigg Boss Telugu 6) Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio by Education Learn Academy