Rohit Tokas is an Indian boxer who is known for competing in welterweight boxing competitions. He won bronze medal in the men’s 67 kg category at Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham.
Rohit Tokas was born on Sunday, 1 August 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Munirka Village, New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Leo. Rohit completed his graduation from Delhi College of Arts & Commerce, University of Delhi.
Height : 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Rohit’s father’s name is Preet Singh Tokas, a police officer.
His mother’s name is Anita Tokas.
Wife & Children
Rohit Tokas is married to Swati Tokas.
Rohit Tokas resides in 338 / Munirka Village, New Delhi-67.
During his childhood days, Rohit had a great interest in boxing, and he would watch films based on boxing and WWE matches with his brother. When he was ten years old, his father enrolled him at the Baba Gangnath Boxing Academy, Munirka. Within a few months, Rohit lost his interest in boxing, and he started training for swimming. Later, while studying in school, Rohit was bullied by his seniors. Hence, he decided to train for boxing once again. During his school days, Rohit Tokas started his boxing career, and he participated in various boxing tournaments like Youth Men’s National Boxing Championship (2010), Cuban Youth Olympics (2011), and 1st Dr BR Ambedkar All India Men Boxing Tournament (2012). In 2013, Rohit participated in the China Open of Men Boxing Tournament in Guiyang, China. In 2015, Rohit decided to switch his category from 60 kg to 64 kg for his further boxing tournaments. In 2019, Rohit competed in the Asian Amateur Boxing Championship 2019 in Thailand.
In 2019, Rohit participated in the 4th Elite Men’s National Boxing Championship at Baddi, Himachal Pradesh.
Rohit took part in the All India Inter Railways Championship in 2022, and he defeated Ishmit Singh, who represented Central Railway with a score line of 5-0 unanimous decision. In an interview, Rohit talked about his win over Ishmit and said,
It is an important year for me as we have both Commonwealth Games and Asian Games and this victory will surely boost my morale and will make me more confident and push me to train harder.”
In August 2022, Rohit participated in the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham. Rohit won the quarterfinal match against Mata’afa-Ikinofo Xavier of Niue during the men’s 63.5 kg-67 kg welterweight match, but he lost to Stephen Zimba of Zambia by a split decision of 2-3 in the semi-finals of the Commonwealth Games 2022.
Indian Railways employee
Rohit Tokas is an employee at the Indian railways.
- 2010: Youth Men National Boxing Championship
- 2011: 4th Central Zone Boxing Championship, Uttrakhand
- 2011: 3rd Youth Men Delhi State Boxing Championships, New Delhi
- 2011: 44th Youth Men National Boxing Championship, Andhra Pradesh
- 2012: 6th Center Zone Men Boxing Championship, Uttrakhand
- 2012: 6th Inter-Zonal Men National Boxing Championship, Rajasthan
- 2012: 1st Dr B.R. Ambedkar All India Men Boxing Tournament, Visakhapatnam
- 2012: 35th Senior Men Delhi State Boxing Championship, New Delhi
- 2013: All-India Inter-University Games
- 2018: 3rd Elite Men’s National Championship, Pune
- 2018: India Open International Boxing Championship 2018, New Delhi
- 2011: Cuban Youth Olympics, Havana
- 2016: 1st Elite Men’s National Boxing Championship, Guwahati
- 2019: 2nd Open India International Boxing Tournament, Guwahati
- 2012: 1st Dr BR Ambedkar All India Men Boxing Tournament, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- 2015: King’s Cup, Thailand
- 2017: King’s Cup, Thailand
- 2019: Makran Cup, Iran
- 2022: Commonwealth Games, Birmingham
In 2012, Rohit won the Best Boxer Award at 35th Senior Men Delhi State Boxing Championship in New Delhi.
- Rohit also goes by the name Jerry. .
- Rohit was a sub-junior national medalist in swimming.
- In 2018, Rohit was not able to participate in the World Championship 2019 and Tokyo Olympics 2020, because he suffered a ligament and a right knee injury. In an interview, talking about his injury, Rohit said,
“I suffered a ligament injury in 2018, which led to me missing out on the World Championship. Then I injured my ligament again in 2019. I had ligament injuries in both my knees. The left one during the India Open and then the right during the nationals. My injury was so severe that I was told by the doctor that if you play, your entire knee can get damaged.”
- Rohit Tokas enjoys drinking alcohol occasionally.
Rohit Tokas Wiki, Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio by Education Learn Academy