Sarah Jane Dias is an Indian actress, host, model, and VJ. She is known for playing the role of Lavanyaa Oberoi in the ZEE-5 web series Never Kiss Your Best Friend Season 2.
Sarah Jane Dias was born on Friday, 3 December 1982 (age 40 years; as of 2022) in Bombay, India. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Sarah Jane Dias shifted to Muscat, Oman when she was at primary school. Then, Sarah Jane-Dias attended Indian School Al Wadi Al Kabir till Grade 10, after which she completed her high school at Indian School, Muscat. In 2000, she moved to Mumbai and pursued her graduation at ST. Andrews College, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Sarah Jane Dias belongs to a Christian family.
Parents & Siblings
Sarah’s father, Eustace Dias, is a Marketing Manager with Oilfields Supply Centre. Her mother’s name is Yolanda Dias.
She has a sister named Elena Rose Dias.
She was in a rumoured relationship with the Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli in 2011. Reportedly, Virat Kohli invited her to cheer him at the World Cup 2011 Final at Wankhede Stadium. However, during an interview in 2021, Sarah Jane denied the rumours and said that it was the weirdest rumour she had heard about herself. She quoted,
That I was dating Virat Kohli. I have even met him in person. We haven’t been in the same room. It is really funny. I know Anushka (Sharma) and have met her a couple of times. But I have never met Virat and we haven’t even stayed in the same building. I don’t even know where this rumour came from but that is the weirdest rumour I have heard. My father had called me when the rumour had come because he is a very big cricket fan, he was like are you dating Virat Kohli? And I was like are you mad or what? Anyway, that’s the weirdest rumour about me.”
Sarah Jane Dias follows Christianity.
In 1997, she won the title of Miss India Oman. Subsequently, In 2007, Sarah participated in the Femina Miss India pageant and won the title. In an interview, she talked about Miss India Pageant and said that she always wanted to participate in the competition. She shared,
When I was young, I watched all the pageants with my mom, and since then, I always knew that I wanted to be a part and won the Miss India pageant. Back then, my mom would drape a saree around me, and I would walk around, giving poses while she pretended to click pictures. Also, I used to dance, and we used to have all that talent rounds.”
In 2003, Sarah Jane Dias participated in a talent hunt show and won it. Later, she appeared as a Host for an Indian music channel, Channel V India. In 2004, she appeared as a host in an Indian reality show Get Gorgeous aired on Channel V India. Later, she decided to quit her job at Channel V India. In an interview, she shared the reason behind leaving her job and said,
I quit my job at Channel V as a VJ leaving everyone confused. I told them one thing, “Look, I am twenty-four, and the cut-off age for joining Miss India is twenty-five. If I don’t do this year, then it will be the biggest regret of my life”. I’m glad that I took that chance and quit my job because now I don’t have any regrets.”
In 2010, Sarah Jane Dias made her acting debut with the Tamil film Theeradha Vilaiyattu Pillai in which she played the role of Priya. In 2011, she appeared in the Hindi film Maya (2011). The same year, she appeared in a Telegu film Panjaa. Subsequently, Sarah Jane Dias appeared in various Hindi films like Kya Super Kool Hain Hum (2012), O Teri (2014), Happy New Year (2014), Angry Indian Goddesses (2015), and Zubaan (2015).
In 2017, Sarah Jane Dias made her digital debut with the Amazon Prime Hindi series Inside Edge in which she played the role of a journalist, Meera Nagpal. The same year, she appeared in a Voot series Time out. In 2019, she appeared in the ZEE5 series Parchayee in which she played the role of Rose. In 2021, she worked in the Amazon Prime Hindi web series Tandav in which she played the role of Ayesha Pratap Singh, opposite Saif Ali Khan. Subsequently, in 2022, Sarah Jane Dias appeared in the ZEE5 Hindi series Never Kiss Your Best Friend Season 2 in which she played the role of Lavanya Oberoi. In an interview, Sarah Jane Dias talked about her role in the ZEE5 series Never Kiss Your Best Friend Season 2 and said,
When you are having fun working, it doesn’t feel like work, and that’s what the NKYBF S2 shoot was all about. The energy and the vibes on the set were infectious, which has translated so well on-screen. I am excited for the premiere of this slice of life, romantic drama, and I am sure that many hearts will race seeing so many talented and hot people together.”
- In 2012, she was nominated for Global Indian Film and TV Honours Awards for Most Promising Debut Actress for the Hindi film Kya Super Kool Hain Hum (2012).
- In 2012, she was nominated for the Jury’s Choice Awards as Superstar of Tomorrow – Female for the Hindi film Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum (2012).
- Musician(s): Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Bjork, Alicia Keys, Erykah Badu, Taylor Swift, Vishal-Shekhar, Tupac, Usher and Britney Spears
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Her hobbies include cooking, travelling, and writing poetry.
- In 2006, Sarah Jane Dias was featured in the music video for Australian rock band INXS’s “Never Let You Go” from their album Switch.
- Sarah Jane Dias is a certified Yoga Instructor.
- In an interview, Sarah Jane Dias revealed that she coped with a minor OCD which restricted her to shake hands with people.
- In an interview, she shared that working in the Hindi film ‘Angry Indian Goddesses’ was a turning point in her career.
- In 2017, Sarah appeared in an English film titled ‘Viceroy’s House’ in which she played the role of Sunita.
- In an interview, Sarah Jane talked about Entertainment Industry and shared how she landed her career in the industry. She said,
I was discovered by Mr Suresh Natarajan. It was Christmas and I was delivering sweets to my neighbour’s flat and Suresh was doing a shoot over there. He asked me if I would be a part of that shoot and that’s how it all started.
- She has appeared as a speaker on TEDx Talks to share her opinion on body positivity. She also runs a podcast titled ‘The Sarah Jane Show’. In the podcast, she interviews personalities who share their knowledge and success stories.
- In an interview in 2020, she revealed that she was diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety. She said,
I got diagnosed with anxiety and depression, which was a challenging phase for me as I could talk about how it felt to lose something, but I didn’t have access to resources or even people to talk about anxiety and depression.I believe in clinical science and psychology, but I also believe in alternative medicine and therapy that has a holistic approach to healing one’s mind. That is when I started conducting research led me to find Chakra healers. I found this lovely psychologist, a shaman healer, and a community of people. I started talking more openly to people. While talking to a person who was going through the same problems, I realized that there were many people out there who are suffering.”
- During an interview in 2015, Sarah Jane Dias shared her passion for music. She said,
I always had a nag to learn an instrument since my childhood. However, I never got to do so… I believe that learning of any kind of music…be it instrumental or vocal… enhances your ability as an artist.”
- In 2015, she released her first music single “Forget To Be Me.”
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
Sarah Jane Dias Wiki, Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio by Education Learn Academy