Information about Atal Pension Yojana 2022 in HindiIndia’s population is increasing rapidly. This drastic population growth could lead to more problems than we could have ever imagined. A major concern in the country is rising unemployment and lack of resources.
Due to the lack of employment, more people started working in the unorganized sector as compared to the organized sector as they lack the skills required for the mechanized world. Due to the advancement in technology, the people of the unorganized sector were exposed to the atrocities and instability of the economy.
For the safety of the people working in the unorganized sector, the government started the Atal Pension Yojana. This scheme was started in the year 2015 as Swavalamban Yojana. Due to the restricted access of the scheme, it could not help the general public as it should have. To compensate for this, Atal Pension Yojana was introduced which was specially formulated to provide better retirement period to the people working in the unorganized sector.
To get detailed information about Atal Pension Yojana, read the complete post carefully.
What is Atal Pension Yojana – What is Atal Pension Yojana in Hindi
Table of Contents
The Atal Pension Yojana scheme is named after former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and was officially launched on 1 June 2015. The APY scheme replaced the other social security scheme, Swavalamban Yojana which was not popular among the masses.
This scheme is for all those who join the National Pension System whose supervision and regulation (Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority) – is done by PFRDA.
The main objective of this scheme is to enhance the old age income security of the working poor and focus on encouraging and enabling them to join the National Pension Scheme (NPS).
Benefits of Atal Pension Yojana
Under the Atal Pension Yojana, the subscribers will receive a fixed pension, as prescribed by the Central Government per month. Rs 1000, Rs 2000, Rs 3000, Rs 4000, Rs 5000which is received as a guarantee at the age of 60 years, will vary on the age of joining the scheme, depending on their contribution.
In case of premature death (death before 60 years) of the subscriber, the spouse of the subscriber is given the option to continue contributing to the subscriber’s APY account for the remaining period. If the subscriber dies before reaching the age of 60 years, his spouse will be presented with two options. The husband can either run the scheme under the name of the subscriber for the remaining years or the spouse can leave the scheme and claim all the remaining pension amount till that date.
What are the charges of Atal Pension Yojana?
Fees will be charged as per the given penalty slabs under this Atal Pension Yojana:
1. Re 1 per month will be charged for monthly contribution up to Rs.100.
2. 2 per month will be charged for monthly contribution from Rs.101 to Rs.500.
3. For monthly contribution between Rs.501 to Rs.1000 per month, Rs.5 per month will be charged.
4. For monthly contribution above Rs.1001 per month, Rs.10 per month. fee will be charged.
If the subscriber discontinues the payment towards the Atal Pension Yojana account, the following rules apply to the account:
1. The subscriber’s APY account will be deactivated after 12 months of payment.
2. APY account of the subscriber will be frozen after 6 months in case of non-payment.
3. APY account of the subscriber will be closed after 24 months of non-payment.
Rules of Atal Pension Yojana
Before becoming a subscriber of Atal Pension Yojana, you have to fulfill certain conditions:
1. You need to be an Indian citizen.
2. The minimum age of the person applying for the scheme is 18 years and the maximum age is 40 years. If a person joins at the age of 40, he will get monthly pension of Rs. 1,000, he needs to contribute a higher amount than the people who join at the age of 18.
3. Customers should make regular contributions for a minimum of 20 years depending on their age.
4. Prospective applicants of the APY scheme should have a valid mobile number and a bank account linked to their Aadhaar number.
atal pension yojana online form
Offline Mode for Registration in Atal Pension Yojana Scheme:
1. First of all go to the bank / post office where you have your savings account. Once there, ask for the ‘Atal Pension Yojana’ form. (You can also download the subscriber registration form from here)
2. Fill the entire form properly and submit it to the bank/post office. Attach a copy of your Aadhar card with the form for identification purposes. asterisk
All the fields marked with the same need to be compulsorily filled.3. A ‘ in the formAcknowledgment section
‘ It happens. You did not fill this part of the form. Once your registration application is approved by the bank, the bank will fill in the Acknowledgment receipt and give it back to you.
4. Once your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number. Therefore it is mandatory to give the correct mobile number while filling the form.
How to apply Atal Pension Yojana online?
Let us now know how you can register through the online method of Atal Pension Yojana.
1. If you are an internet user and have net banking facility linked to your bank account, then you can simply do online registration for this scheme.
2. While registering online for the scheme through net banking, you can also opt for ‘auto-debit’ facility. With this, your contribution will automatically expire from the age of registration till you attain 60 years of age. But you have to make sure that you have enough balance in your account every month to pay for the plan.
3. Only few banks provide this online facility. You will have to check with your respective banks if they provide this facility through net banking.
When was Atal Pension Yojana started? Prime Minister Narendra Modi 9 May 2015
Atal Pension Yojana (APY) was launched in Kolkata, West Bengal.
what did you learn today I hope you like this article of mine What is Atal Pension Yojana
Must have liked it. It has always been my endeavor to provide complete information about the rules of Atal Pension Yojana to the readers, so that they do not have to search any other sites or internet in the context of that article.
This will also save their time and they will also get all the information in one place. If you have any doubts about this article or you want that there should be some improvement in it, then you can write low comments for this.
If you liked this post complete information about Atal Pension Yojana or got to learn something, then please share this post on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites.