What is Storage Device (What is Storage Device in Hindi), This question must have come in the minds of many at some time or the other, but even after searching a lot, detailed information is not available anywhere in Hindi, due to which many people really know what is Data Storage Device and how many types are there. There is no complete information about it.
As its name suggests, these are some such devices which are used to store data or information digitally.
They are also alternatively known as digital storage, storage media, storage medium or storage device. These are some types of hardware devices that store data or information digitally and that too. Temporarily either Permanently. Their main purpose is to store the data.
If we talk about computers, then these data storage are such places that store the data in electromagnetic and optical form so that the computer processor can access these data very easily when needed.
Then without delay, let’s know that after all this What is a Storage Device And what are their types.
What is a storage device
Table of Contents
like i already said Storage Devices They are called those who store data and information termporarily or permanently as per the requirement. They store the data digitally.
storage device It is a computer hardware that is used to store data safely, and to use it as needed. They can store information for short-term or long-term.
These storage device You can find it inside or outside the computer or server. At the same time, these storage devices are also referred to as storage medium or storage media.
It is a very important part of any computer device. At the same time, they are available in different sizes and types depending on their need and functionalities.
Types of Storage Devices
The storage devices used in computers are mainly of four types. Let us now know about the different types of those storage devices.
1. Primary Storage Device
2. Secondary Storage Device
3. Tertiary Storage Device
4. Off-line Storage Device
Primary Storage Devices
- These primary storage devices are also called main memory.
- This is the direct memory that is accessible by the Central Processing Unit (CPU) that too via a memory bus.
- These storage devices are volatile.
- Their memory is temporary, that is, as soon as the device is switched off or rebooted, then their memory gets erased.
Secondary Storage Devices
These Secondary Storage Devices are storage devices that are not directly accessible by the Central Processing Unit.
- In this, input and output channels are used to connect such storage devices with the computer. Because they are mainly external.
- They are non-volatile and together they have more storage capacity as compared to primary storage devices.
- This type of storage is permanent unless removed by an external factor.
- Both internal and external memory are found in these.
Example: hard disk
Tertiary Storage Devices
These Tertiary Storage Devices are not that important and often they are not even part of the personal computer.
- It has often been found that a robotic mechanism is used in this which mounts or dismounts the removable mass storage media in a storage device.
- Robotic functions are used in this type of storage device.
- It does not require repeated human intervention and it is capable of doing its work automatically.
- It is a comprehensive computer storage system that is very slow, so it is often used to archive data that is not frequently accessed.
- Magnetic Tape
- optical disc
Off-line Storage Devices
- These offline storage devices are also called disconnected storage.
- This is a computer data storage that is not under the control of the processing unit.
- It has to be connected by a person before any computer can access it again.
This type of storage devices are also called disconnected or removable storage.
- Floppy Disk
- Zip diskette
- USB Flash Drive
- memory card
Cloud Storage what happens?
Cloud storage means that you store your data (be it photos or documents) on a server that can be accessed online from anywhere, rather than on your device.
What are some examples of Secondary Storage Devices?
Some examples of Secondary Storage Devices are SSD, Hard Disk, Optical Disk, Memory Card, Floppy Disk, Pen Drive etc.
what did you learn today
I hope you guys What is Storage Device (What is Storage Device in Hindi) And how many types are there? Gave complete information about and I hope you people have understood about Storage Device.
I request all of you readers that you also share this information in your neighbourhood, relatives, your friends, so that there will be awareness among us and everyone will benefit a lot from it. I need your cooperation so that I can pass more new information to you guys.
It has always been my endeavor that I should always help my readers or readers from all sides, if you people have any doubt of any kind, then you can ask me without any hesitation.
I will definitely try to solve those doubts. Do you like this article What is Storage Device and how many types are there? How did you feel, do tell us by writing a comment so that we too get a chance to learn something from your thoughts and improve something.